The currently used bearings can generally be divided into rolling bearings and sliding bearings; the working principles of rolling bearings and sliding bearings can be distinguished by their names. The friction that occurs when a rolling bearing works is rolling friction, and the sliding friction that occurs when a sliding bearing works; The magnitude of rolling friction depends mainly on manufacturing accuracy; the magnitude of friction on sliding bearings depends mainly on the material of the sliding surface of the bearing. General working surfaces of sliding bearings have a self-lubricating function; sliding bearings are divided into non-metal sliding bearings and metal sliding bearings according to their materials;
Non-metal sliding bearings are currently mainly plastic bearings. Plastic bearings are generally made of engineering plastics with better performance; more professional manufacturers generally have engineering plastics self-lubricating modification technology, through fibers, special lubricants, glass Beads and other engineering plastics are self-lubricating and enhanced to achieve a certain performance, and then modified plastics are processed into self-lubricating plastic bearings by injection molding.
At present, metal sliding bearings are most commonly used as three-layer composite bearings. Such bearings generally use carbon steel plates as a substrate. A sintering technique is used to sinter a layer of spherical copper powder on the steel plate, and then sinter a layer of copper powder on the copper powder layer. 0.03mm PTFE lubricant; the middle layer of spherical copper powder is mainly used to enhance the bonding strength between steel plate and PTFE, of course, it also plays a certain bearing and lubricating function during work.
It is not difficult to see from the above description that there are the following differences between plastic bearings and metal plain bearings:
1. The plastic bearings are all lubricating materials and have a long service life; the lubrication layer of metal sliding bearings is only 0.003mm on the surface of PTFE. When this thin layer is rubbed, the end of its service life is declared;
2. Plastic bearings will not rust during use and are resistant to corrosion, while metal bearings are susceptible to rust and cannot be used in chemical fluids;
3. Plastic bearings are lighter than metal, which is more suitable for modern lightweight design trends;
4. The manufacturing cost of plastic bearings is lower than that of metals; plastic bearings are made by injection molding and are more suitable for mass production;
5. Plastic bearings have no noise during operation and have a certain vibration absorption function;
Due to the many advantages of plastic bearings over metal sliding bearings, the current production of plastic bearings is expanding, and the use of plastic bearings is also continuously expanding. From fitness equipment to office equipment and the automotive industry, plastic bearings are used. There are currently no cars on the road that do not use plastic bearings. The plastic bearing market has a bright future!